Custy Construction Ltd is currently restoring an existing stable block for Clare County Council on behalf of Coillte. The site is located in Vandeleur Gardens, Kilrush, Co. Clare and is expected to be complete in 2022. This is Custy Construction Ltd first major restoration project in which an existing ruin will be repurposed as a new visitor centre/museum.
The scope of work includes:
- Full restoration of existing stone walls, including repointing and reconstructing existing stonework,
- Installation of new roof structure, finishes and fittings,
- Installation of new internal fittings and finishes including mechanical and electrical installations,
- Provision of completely new infrastructure (i.e. power, communications, water and drainage),
- Construction of footpaths, paving, landscaping, boundary treatment and all associated site works.